Medical Social Work
We believe our role as a home healthcare company is to provide you with psychological, social and physical support.
Helping Hands Medical Social Workers are here to help you and your family arrange for healthcare and therapy and to locate the resources in your community to help you prepare for discharge. Our social workers have years of experience in this industry helping people like you by providing the following services:
• Assessment of social and emotional factors related to the client’s illness including:
- The need for care
- The client’s response to treatment
- Adaptation to care
• Assessment of financial resources
• Assessment of the relationship of the medical and nursing requirements to the home situation
• Coordination and securing of community resources
• Attend to the social and environmental issues our clients face
• Provide brief counseling or cognitive restructuring therapy
• Provide caregiver and family support
• Assist with obtaining and completing legal documentation
Home health services provided by a medical social worker are covered by a variety of payer sources.
Therefore, in order to receive medical social work, our clients must also be receiving skilled nursing for rehabilitative therapy services in order to qualify for financial resources. You can rest easy when you work with Helping Hands Healthcare, because once we identify your need for medical social work services, we’ll get you qualified and keep you compliant.
We have 30+ years of experience in the healthcare industry working to handle these details on behalf of our clients and their families. It’s our mission to make things as tranquil as possible for you as you transition into home healthcare, and this is one way we can help. Your first and only step is to entrust your care to Helping Hands Healthcare. We’ll take care of the rest.